Bloomington is an attractive city in Indiana. It is at a distance of 50 miles from the southern section of Indiana. The city is covered with springs, underground streams, fissures, ravines, caves and sinks. Bloomington is also known as Gateway to Scenic Beauty of southern Indiana. When this city was established, it was named as Bloomington by the settlers because they were impressed with the port of blooms. It is for this scenic beauty, people all around the world travel to enjoy the serenity and nature closely.
Being a university town, this city is home for more than 40, 000 students out of which most are international students. The Indiana university itself consists more than 9000 employees to cater all students and provide them proper education and knowledge. Major economy is managed by the Indiana University, but other sectors have also played their role in it. It has been declared as the best city for commencing business in America.
The city has maximum international students, so the locals pay extra attention to organic food items. It is worldwide known for its best selection of food items. The East fourth street in between Indiana Avenue and Grant provide exclusive ethnic and classic food restaurants. If you’re a tourist, then the finest period to visit Bloomington is summer when you can avoid student crowd in best restaurants. Otherwise if you’re not much into crowded places, you still have food delivery Bloomington option to taste their ethnic food items.
Here are some exclusive places that will make your trip a memorable visit to Bloomington –
- Visit the Art Museum in Indiana University, the Eskenazi, which is a triangular building within the campus. The tour to the gallery is free and includes special collection of art and sculpture.
- If you’re fond of science as well as technology, then you should visit the Wonderlab Museum. The museum contains handmade science wonders.
- If you’re fond of fishing, then you can visit the Monroe Lake that provides fishing all year. Apart from that there are other activities like kayaking, water skiing and boating.
- Most of the tourist attractions revolve around Indiana University so get your foot in the Musical Center Jacob Music School. Of course, this also means you get the privilege to take a tour of huge estate of Indiana University.
- To relax some time, but not waste it, you can enjoy theatre performances and shows in Buskirk Chumley Theater, Brown County Playhouse, Cardinal Stage, Indiana University Auditorium, Lee Norvelle Theater and Simon Music.
- Another artificial lake is Lake Lemon where you can enjoy swimming and boating. With a trail of forest, some tourists also enjoy nature closely by observing wildlife.
- The Tibetan Mongolian Buddhist Center and the Tempe of Kumbum Chamste Ling are two traditional monuments where you can observe the fine art on Stupas.
- Apart from all these major attractions there are Mathers Museum, Kinsey Institute of Sex, Reproduction and Gender and Lily Library.
Every season you can enjoy different festivals. Spring, summer, fall and winter are all meant for cultural activities and different events that keep the residents occupied all day long. You will surely enjoy your stay in Bloomington if you love nature, but also want some fun added to your vacation.